Welcome to Class 1
Foundation Stage and Year 1
Class Teacher - Mrs M. Needham
Mrs Lindley and Mrs Campling are the teaching assistants who help in Class 1 every day.
Mrs Howe teaches us French.
Adam is our Sports Coach, he takes us for our PE lessons.
This term our topic is "Our Amazing World". We will be thinking about how we look after our planet and visiting lots of exciting places. Recently we visited the Arctic and the Antarctic, we built an igloo and we were also sent a special penguin egg to look after. We are hoping that if we take great care of the egg we might have a new friend in Class 1! We will also be going under the sea on an amazing aquatic adventure, visiting the jungle and finally we will be hunting for dinosaurs! We will be thinking about the transport that we will need to explore all the amazing places that we will be visiting as well as how and when different types of transport were invented.
A HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY THAT HELPED TO CONSTRUCT OUR AMAZING IGLOO. THANK YOU ALSO FOR ALL THE BOXES AND CARTONS THAT HAVE BEEN SENT IN.
Important things for children in Class 1 to remember:
Monday and Thursday
Reading book changing day.
Year 1 homework will be sent out every Friday, to be returned the following Friday.
PE kits needed (indoor kits plus trainers, just in-case we venture outdoors, please).
Library book changing day - please see dates on the classroom door.
Bring your reading book and word snail every day as we read with children and check these on different days each week.
- Please apply suncream before school when the weather is likely to be sunny - we are unable to apply this for children at school.
- Bring wellies and raincoats when it is raining and bring a sunhat if the weather is likely to be sunny - Class 1 children use the outdoor area throughout the school day.
- Bring your water bottle filled with water every day.
- Please ensure all clothes, pumps and shoes are clearly labelled with children's full names. Names quickly wear off some items!
- Check when your day is for Show and Tell and what our weekly theme is.
- Please tie back long hair every day for school.
- No jewellery is to be worn in school.
- Fresh fruit is provided for playtime snacks. As we are a 'healthy school' please do not send sweets, chocolate or snacks such as these into school for your children.