Welcome to Class 1
Foundation Stage and Year 1
Class Teacher - Mrs M. Needham
Mrs Lindley and Mrs Campling are the teaching assistants who help in Class 1 every day.
Mrs Howe teaches us French.
Adam is a Sports Coach who takes us for our PE lessons.
This half term our topic is 'Celebrations'. It will be a very busy half term with lots of important things happening, as well as lots of fun!
This week we have been reading 'The Three Billy Goats Gruff'. We have had lots of fun discussing the different characters and also acting out the different parts. Over the next few weeks and on the run up to Christmas we will be looking at more traditional tales.
We have been busy making beautiful Diva Lamps and learning about the story of Rama and Sita and how Diwali is celebrated.
We have had lots of fun buying things in our class shop and discussing the different coins that we might use to buy items with. Over the next few weeks we will also be looking at weighing and measuring also.
Important things for children in Class 1 to remember:
Monday and Thursday
Reading book changing day.
Year 1 homework will be sent out every Friday, to be returned the following Friday.
PE kits needed (indoor kits plus trainers, just in-case we venture outdoors, please).
Library book changing day - please see dates on the classroom door.
Bring your reading book and word snail every day as we read with children and check these on different days each week.
- Please apply suncream before school when the weather is likely to be sunny - we are unable to apply this for children at school.
- Bring wellies and raincoats when it is raining and bring a sunhat if the weather is likely to be sunny - Class 1 children use the outdoor area throughout the school day.
- Bring your water bottle filled with water every day.
- Please ensure all clothes, pumps and shoes are clearly labelled with children's full names. Names quickly wear off some items!
- Check when your day is for Show and Tell and what our weekly theme is.
- Please tie back long hair every day for school.
- No jewellery is to be worn in school.
- Fresh fruit is provided for playtime snacks. As we are a 'healthy school' please do not send sweets, chocolate or snacks such as these into school for your children.