WELCOME TO CLASS 3
MRS CROSSLAND AND MRS HARDING
2023 - 2024
We are really looking forward to welcoming you into our class. We have lots of exciting learning planned for you while you are in our class. We can’t wait to get started!
Meet your teachers
Hello Class 3, I’m Mrs Crossland and I can’t wait to meet you all in September ready to start a new adventure together. My favourite thing to do is spending time with my family; we enjoy being outdoors and exploring the local countryside. In my spare time I enjoy baking, going to the theatre and reading. I’m going to challenge myself to read more than 30 books once we start back at school in September. Maybe we can do the challenge together as a class, what do you think?
What will we be learning?
We will send home a topic plan of our learning for each half term. We will share this with you on Dojo. We have some exciting topics to learn about this year, we are looking forward to taking you an exciting learning journey! We will also be sharing lots of different stories, non-fiction texts and poems. Can you recommend any that you think we would enjoy reading?
Our Science topics will be slightly different and we will learn about those in separate year groups. Year 2 children you will be learning about living things and their habitats, plants, animals including humans and everyday materials.
Year 3 children you will be learning about plants, animals including humans, rocks, light, forces and magnets. We will also be able to do scientific investigations to use lots of our scientific skills.
Things you will need
- Stationery - In Class 3 we will provide you with your own pencil case and all the stationery you need. We will keep this in school so that you are prepared for learning each day
- Drinks bottle - please make sure you have your name on it. You can bring this each day
- PE kit – white t-shirt, dark shorts, pumps. Please make sure all your school uniform items have your name in them so that it makes it easier to return them if you misplace them
- Indoor pumps – labelled with your name
- Our PE days are Tuesday and Wednesday (PE kit needed)
- Spelling Tests are on Wednesdays each week
- Book changing day is Wednesday (please bring your reading book to school everyday)
- Homework is given out on a Thursday and should be returned on a Monday
- Library is every Wednesday
We’re here to help
Do ask or Dojo message us if you have any questions.
A view from inside Class 3