At Cawthorne, we have the highest number of children selecting a school meal in the Authority. This is a testament to the hard work and effort of Mrs Fenney and Mrs Bailey in our school kitchen.
We ensure that:
- All our menus conform to the School Food Standards that became law in January 2015
- Meals are freshly prepared in the school kitchen each morning
- Most of our produce is sourced locally; all our meat is UK reared and Red Tractor accredited
- All our recipes are low in salt, sugar and fat
- Menus include daily servings of vegetables, salad and fresh fruit
- Meals are designed to provide healthy well-balanced, enjoyable menus that support children's physical and mental wellbeing
- Menus cater for all tastes and needs and include daily servings of vegetables, salad and fresh fruit, as well as a daily vegetarian option
- Our gravy is suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets and is also gluten free
We're really strict about the ingredients that go into our meals and can provide allergen information for all our food, in compliance with the Consumers Regulation 2014.
We have vast experience in working with hospital dietitians to provide suitable meals for children with confirmed medical conditions that require them to follow a special diet. In these cases, we offer parents reassurance by meeting with them, their child, a dietitian and a member of school staff to co-ordinate a suitable menu plan.