The purpose of our safeguarding policy is to ensure every child who is a registered pupil is safe
and protected from harm. This policy will give clear direction to all staff (including governors, volunteers,
supply teachers and agency staff), visitors and parents about expected behaviour and our legal
responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children at our schools. The elements of our policy are prevention, protection and support.
We will also:
- Ensure that all members of the school community are aware of their responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and child protection
- Identify the Designated Safeguarding Lead and the Deputy and understand their role in school
- Know the procedures that should be followed if they have a cause for concern
- Know where to go to find additional information regarding safeguarding
- Be aware of the key indicators relating to child abuse, child criminal exploitation, child sexual exploitation, extremism and radicalisation
- Fully support the school’s commitment to safeguarding and child protection
Cawthorne CE (VC) Primary School’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy should also be read in conjunction with Working Together to Safeguard Children (December 2020) and Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2021).